WHAT TO EXPECT
- An intensive and in-depth introduction to East County’s communities and their role within the larger region.
- Behind-the-scenes opportunities to meet with and learn from exceptional leaders in the
- Occasions to expand your network.
- Making a difference in our community. You will team-up with one of the chamber’s businesses and/or community partners and support them in solving a previously unsolvable problem.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
Participants are individuals seeking to enhance their leadership skills, involvement, and knowledge of the community. You should be willing to contribute your individual talents to the betterment of the East County community and make a thorough commitment to the philosophy of the program.
- Program begins in September 12, 2021.
- Meets once a month – Every Second Thursday
- One day a month: 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Monthly attendance required
- Graduation/Commencement in June 2022
Be a Member of The Best Class!
2021 – 2022 Program Schedule:
September – Orientation / Leadership Component 1: Personal Effectiveness
October – Economy / Leadership Component 2: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
November – Government & Safety / Leadership Component 3: Values-based Leadership
December – Education / Leadership Component 4: The Importance of Self-care
January – Human Services / Leadership Component 5: Empowering Others
February – Project Launch: Future Vision Projects / Leadership Component 6: Innovation
March – Justice / Leadership Component 7: Perspective-Taking and Mediation
April – Health / Leadership Component 8: Collaborative Leadership
May – Environment & Infrastructure / Leadership Component 9: Exceptional Leaders
June – Community Building / Leadership Component 10: Exceptional Leaders
July – Graduation / Commencement