The Lakeside Chamber of Commerce is organized for the purpose of developing, promoting and protecting the commercial, industrial, professional, agricultural and civic interests of Lakeside and its surrounding areas.
The Chamber also acts as a clearing house of information, disseminating such information among members of the Chamber and the Lakeside community.
About the Lakeside Chamber of Commerce:
- responds to the inquiries about your community and its opportunities.
- is an information center from which to inform the business community and advise it of current events affecting them.
- is a forum where the business community can exchange views and positions, and a voice to express those to other agencies.
- is a focal point for social gathering of the business community, wherein an exchange of ideas and services may take place.
- is a unified voice to keep our elected representatives aware of the community feelings on legislative action and needs.
We are a rallying point and an instrument for the promotion of plans, ideas and projects.
The Lakeside Chamber of Commerce offers its members many:
- New Business Contacts... we can put you in touch with hundreds of people who represent clients, customers or patients.
- Membership Mixers... popular membership get-togethers where members can meet, exchange business cards, and talk business in a relaxed and informal setting, enabling you to expand your business opportunities.
- Committees... there are constant opportunities to involve yourself, along with other chamber members, on specific projects or events.
- Open Houses... whether a new business, grand opening or anniversary, we are available to help plan your promotional event. We can assist you in inviting local dignitaries, Chamber Members, Miss Lakeside and Teen Miss Lakeside.
PUBLICITY AND EXPOSURE
- Business Referrals... We receive calls asking for information and referrals of local businesses and services. Chamber members are always recommended.
- Communication to Members... The Chamber publishes The Link Newsletter which includes local information, as well as state and federal legislation that may have an impact on the local business community.
- Promotional Literature... Members can display brochures or other materials at the Chamber office at no cost, giving your business exposure to hundreds of residents and visitors.
- Internet... Members receive a free listing on the Chamber's Website, and can be linked to their own website, or have a website designed for them at a special member discount rate.
- Advertising Opportunities... the Lakeside Community & Business Directory, The Link, a monthly Newsletter the Lakeside Map and Chamber membership information in mailing label form is available for your targeted marketing plan.
Each member has different needs... it is our job to find out what they are!
We make a Difference!
- Western Days Parade... Over 100 entries of Floats, Equestrians, Bands, Youth Groups and much, much more! Parade day activities bring a tremendous increase of customer traffic to local businesses.
- Lakeside's Spirit of Christmas... Official Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony plus a full day of Craft Faire, Car Show, Holiday Entertainment, Santa Claus Parade, Food and Fun!
- Miss/Teen Miss Lakeside Scholarship Pageant... Sponsored by the Chamber, this is a unique developmental experience for the official community Youth Ambassadors. The pageant, supported by the business community, is held in February.
The Chamber also:
- Plays the role of Visitor Information Center.
- Responds daily to requests for products and services, and our policy is to refer members only, whenever possible.
- Facilitates the "Lakeside Citizen of the Year" Award
- Hosts the annual "Unity in the Community" Event in October
We endeavor to help each of our members achieve the best possible opportunity for success by working to better understand each of our member's specialties, products and needs.
The Lakeside Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors meets the 1st Monday of the month, at 6:00 pm at the Lakeside Community Center, 9841 Vine Street. Meetings are open to the public. To join, please contact our office for an application.
The families of Lakeside take pride in being a close-knit community with hometown traditions. We encourage you to remember to Shop Lakeside First and support those businesses that have chosen, as you have, to make Lakeside their home.
We always appreciate hearing from the community, so please feel free to write or e-mail us with your comments or suggestions.
Lakeside Chamber of Commerce
9924 Vine St.
Lakeside, CA 92040